Tuesday 11 November 2008

A few concepts to start with....

The first concept I produced was a rocking horse in the children's play area (I wanted to get an idea how my objects would look, so i started small). I like the shading but I'm not keen on the black outlines or the colour of the floor. Though I do like everything else in the picture. I have placed the soap dispenser (which is extremely common in hospitals as a matter of general hygiene) on the wall by the exit so people can wash there hands as they enter and leave the room.






















Next is a teddy for the private bedroom. I really like this picture, but again I'm not sure on the dark black out line, so on my next drawing I will take out the black line and either leave it all together or use the colour of the objects. I like the style of the picture and am happy with the colours I have used.






















Here we have a concept of the bed area. I left out the black lines and think it looks so much nicer. I want it to look really colourful so have used lots of colours but keeping them with in the limits of a hospital, using lots of pale colours with splashes of bright yellows, reds and greens. Also for the cards on the shelve I will change the get well soon to either happy birthday or merry christmas, because it will give it away that the child could be in a hospital.






















Then I did a concept of the whole bed, its still in keeping with the other concepts and is beginning to look like its in a hospital, just with the drip and the bed, (this sort of shot wont be shown until later on in the film). I chose to do the bed like this because I found a picture in the news about Great Ormond Street Hospital and these are the beds they have. They fit in so much nicer then a normal beige hospital bed would. This is one of my favourite concepts.






















Then we have a view on the nurses desk. I want the desk to be in darkness to begin with, I found this quite hard to colour because I didn't want it to be pitch black, but it has come across a bit muddy.






















Coming outside of the room, now in the main ward, we have the nurses desk with a mural painted on to the front. Some of the objects are a tiny bit out of perspective, but it still gets my idea across. I like the curtains which surround the beds, but I will make the desk a little more messy so it looks like its been used.























Finally, we have the playroom. I like the walls of the room and think it looks a little more used then the nurses desk because I tried to make it more messy as a playroom would be.

No comments: