Wednesday 22 April 2009

Playing With Renders...

Here I have been messing around with Maya Software and Mental Ray. The first two images have been done using Maya Software, the fairy lights are looking good, but horse looks a little bit hard. The next lot of images have been done using Mental Ray, with Global Illumination, Final Gather and using a directional light. I'm not sure about the settings on Mental Ray yet so these are just to see what Mental Ray will look like. So this will not be the end result as parts of the models are glowing when they shouldn't be.

The rocking horse is looking a lot softer and not as reflective as I turned it down a little bit.The head board is far to reflective, so I will turn down the reflectiveness.I really like this. Its a little bit dark but I like the softness of the red.This is one of the first test renders I did using Mental Ray, and I am quite happy with it. I Like how the room is reflecting in the balloon.I quite like how its starting to turn out. Although its a bit patchy, but its OK for now. I wasn't to sure about the texture on the curtains that surround the bed at first, but I think its fits in well.
I like how most of the kids toys stick out from the colour of the wall and floor.

This image is very patchy, its almost watercolour like. For some reason I like it, but I don't know if this sort of style will work for my environment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think the watercolour style works really well.