Sunday 26 October 2008

Floor Plans....all three of them..

A good place to start is with the floor plans, and after searching online for reference I finally managed to get a good idea of how hospitals are. That way I have a clearer idea when it comes to concepting the room. All of the rooms will contain a nurses desk, a few hospitals had this and I like the idea of the nurses keeping a close eye on the children. A play area, every hospital has a play area for kids and brings you back to the reality that the kids should be playing and not in hospital, and of course the main ward, where the majority of the hospital equipment will be.






My first room layout has the addition of a private room, as I think it will feel less like a room on a hospital and more like a child's bedroom, which is how I want the audience to think. But there will be little hints around the room so its not just assumed that its another kids room.














My second plan has all the bedrooms together, which is what quite a lot of hospitals have, but I think it will be a lot more obvious as to what the room is, which isn't how I want it to be. Plus I think its a little too repetitive.


My final layout contains a similar layout to the first two. I have kept the first layouts nurses desk and the layout of the ward from plan two. Though again I think its to simple.

So I think i'm going to go with my first layout, as I like the idea of a private room and also think it will create the look of what I want well.

No comments: